Exotic islands, unspoiled beaches, world-class dive sites, lush virgin forests, endemic flora and fauna, waterfalls, hot springs and rivers and many more abound in this place we call the City in a Forest, Puerto Princesa. It lies in the center of the island province of Palawan. Considered as the largest city in the country, it sprawls across 253,982 hectares of land and stretches 106 kilometers long.
What more of one's blessedness, being a typhoon free city and not being within the earthquake fault, the City is endowed with the longest navigable underground river in the world. It is no wonder that Puerto Princesa City is among the National Geographic’s “Top 20 New Destinations” to watch for 2011 all over the world.
How to get there:
From Manila, Puerto Princesa is an hour flight. Flights are available nine times daily via Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Airphil Express, and ZestAir. There are also flights from Cebu three times a week.
By sea, from Manila, Puerto Princesa is accessible once a week via Superferry with stopover at Coron. Boat trips from Puerto Princesa to Cuyo and Iloilo aboard MV Milagrosa and Montenegro are also available thrice weekly.
Best time of the year to go:
- During summer season, the weather is fine and all activities can be done.
Major cultural and tourism destinations:
Top Five Must Do's In the City:
- Balayong Festival (March) ;
- City Fiesta (December 8);
- Tandikan Festival (September)
- Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour;
- Island Hopping Tour;
- City Tour;
- Dolphin and Firefly Watching Tour;
- Souvenir Shopping.
For more travel information, please contact the City Tourism Office, 2F Right Wing, City Coliseum, Brgy. San Pedro Puerto Princesa City at (048) 433-2983 or (048) 434-4211. Email at email@example.com
* The League of Cities of the Philippines is giving you 122 Reasons Why It's More Fun in the Philippines in support to the the Department of Tourism's new campaign. LCP will feature a Philippine City and its local tourism sights and sounds for you to marvel. These snapshots, we hope, can provide enough curiosity for you to make our Philippine Cities become your prime tourist destinations.
All information reflected herein are based on the submission of our member-cities and are in no way reflective of the opinion of the League or any of its officers. Excerpts from this publication, excluding photographs, maybe reproduced without authorization on condition that the source is indicated.
view all announcements