How to Get To Lipa City
From Manila, Lipa City is an 84-kilometer bus ride or a one and half hour drive from NAIA via the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and the Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) tollway using the Lipa Exit. From the Batangas International Port, it is a 30-minute drive via STAR tollway Lipa Exit.
Best Time Of The Year to Go and Why
Major Destinations And Cultural Activities
- October-February (coolest months in the city)
Must Do’s In The City
- January 20 – It is a week-long celebration of the City fiesta culminating in the Feast of Saint Sebastian.
- June 20 – It is the commemoration of the Cityhood of Lipa.
- September 12 – It is the annual National Day of Prayer in remembrance of the phenomenal Apparition of the Virgin Mary. People from all over the Philippines gather at Carmelite grounds to pray for world peace and other intentions.
- Visit the city’s churches - the San Sebastian Cathedral, the Carmelite Chapel and the Divino Amor Chapel, Metropolitan Cathedral of San Sebastian, and the Carmelite Monastery Chapel;
- Dine at Lipa Grille, Gotohan sa Barangay, Lomi King, and Lipa Panciteria for the best in the city’s culinary adventure;
- Visit The Farm at San Benito, the Community Parks, Bluroze Farm, Agricultura Filipina, Mega Orchid Farms, Museo de Lipa, and the Malarayat Golf & Country Club for wellness, educational, and leisure destination;
- Explore the heritage houses like Casa de Segunda, the home of Segunda Solis Katigbak, the first love interest of the national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal; the house of Don Brigido Morada, a Filipino propagandist; and Museo de Lipa which houses artifacts and other memorabilia of the past; and
- Get the best souvenirs in Ala Eh! Shirt, Saplot Batangueño Shirt/ Souvenirs, Papelipa Arts and Crafts - Banay-Banay and religious articles in Lipa Carmel Monastery and Paulines.
For more travel information, please contact the Lipa City Tourism & Museum Council, Plaza Independencia, Lipa City at telephone nos. (043) 784-2537 and the City Planning and Development Office, City Hall Compound, Marawoy, Lipa City at telephone nos. (043) 784-2552 or 784-2512
* The League of Cities of the Philippines is giving you 122 Reasons Why It's More Fun in the Philippines in support to the the Department of Tourism's new campaign. LCP will feature a Philippine City and its local tourism sights and sounds for you to marvel. These snapshots, we hope, can provide enough curiosity for you to make our Philippine Cities become your prime tourist destinations.
All information reflected herein are based on the submission of our member-cities and are in no way reflective of the opinion of the League or any of its officers. Excerpts from this publication, excluding photographs, maybe reproduced without authorization on condition that the source is indicated.
The League of Cities of the Philippines through its Secretariat is currently seeking (1) Content Writer and (1) Graphic Artist in the development of infographic materials on Solid Waste Management for Local Government Units.2013-03-01
Call for the submission of applications to the 2013 International Urban Training Center (IUTC) Training Coursesview all announcements