How to Get To Dipolog City
Dipolog City is in northern Mindanao. It is accessible by land, sea, and air from any point in the Philippines. It is barely an hour and fifteen minutes by plane from Manila and 30 minutes by plane from Cebu. There are daily flights from Manila to Dipolog and thrice weekly from Cebu.
From Dipolog, there are several trips by boat every day to Dumaguete, Cebu and Bohol. Rural Transit travels to Zamboanga City and other cities in Mindanao every hour daily.
Best Time Of The Year to Go and Why
Major Destinations And Cultural Activities
- All Year Round. Since Dipolog is not within the typhoon belt, it is best to visit the place anytime of the year. However, from June to October, tropical fruits like durian, lanzones, marang, rambutan, and mangoes become abundant.
- Summertime (March to June) is the best time to enjoy Dipolog City's beaches and mountain resorts. The City also celebrates its fiesta every last Saturday of May and in October 7.
Must Do’s In The City
- Cogon Eco-Park and Sungkilaw Falls
- Linabo Peak and the 3,003 Steps
- Dipolog City Boulevard
- Sports Fishing and Scuba Diving
- P’gsalabuk Festival (April up to 3rd Saturday of May)
- Dahunog Festival (September- October 7)
- Pasko sa Dipolog (November – January 02)
- Jog or Walk at the break of dawn or sunset time in the Boulevard;
- Eat at the Food Court in the Boulevard or fresh seafood available daily at the fish port and the public market. Go sports fishing and feast on your fresh catch;
- Buy souvenir items like the bottled sardines, nito hand woven products and fruits from the different pasalubong centers in the city;
- Visit the Cathedral, the P’gsalabuk circle, Sports Complex, City hall and other places that eloquently speak of the City’s rich historical and cultural heritage. Join the river cruise along the scenic Dipolog river and savor the excellent buffet; and
- Get yourself invited to one of the meetings of the Multi-Sectoral Governance Coalition (MSGC) and experience a vibrant and active partnership between the local governments and the private sector in crafting different city’s plans and programs.
For more travel information, please contact the City Tourism Office, Second Floor, City Hall, Dipolog City with telephone nos. (065) 212-2485.
* The League of Cities of the Philippines is giving you 122 Reasons Why It's More Fun in the Philippines in support to the the Department of Tourism's new campaign. LCP will feature a Philippine City and its local tourism sights and sounds for you to marvel. These snapshots, we hope, can provide enough curiosity for you to make our Philippine Cities become your prime tourist destinations.
All information reflected herein are based on the submission of our member-cities and are in no way reflective of the opinion of the League or any of its officers. Excerpts from this publication, excluding photographs, maybe reproduced without authorization on condition that the source is indicated.
The League of Cities of the Philippines through its Secretariat is currently seeking (1) Content Writer and (1) Graphic Artist in the development of infographic materials on Solid Waste Management for Local Government Units.2013-03-01
Call for the submission of applications to the 2013 International Urban Training Center (IUTC) Training Coursesview all announcements